Saturday, May 24, 2014

Exhale

Trying to...
Preparing some prints for an exhibition which will be curated by Grace Kotze. It is entitled 'Exhale' and the brief was to do something that allowed you to exhale, to let go and do what you want to. 
I always feel as if I let go and immerse/lose myself when I start printing. I often start with one intention and then become transported and waylaid in the process. Very often I move too far ahead and lose contact with what I was trying to achieve.I probably need to be clearer about what I want to achieve and measure what I'm doing against what I want to achieve (i.e. 'proper' action research). Sometimes it is useful to play and brainstorm, but I probably need to be clearer about it and do it much more deliberately. This might be the difference between Art and Design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment